Reflection #1
In my day-to-day life I use technology fairly frequently. I use my tablet for art, my computer for school and my phone for everything. I use a Cricut machine to cut out vinyl stickers and a design software that goes with it. In my previous position as a Pharmacy Technician I also typed all day every day and had to use specific software for operations that were crucial in the running of the pharmacy.
I am comfortable using technology and learning new things as well. I was a float technician and would switch between software and pharmacies and had to adapt to new and different programs all the time. We also used counting machines and robots and it was always interesting learning how to care for and work with those.
Often times I was presented with software that did not cooperate, and honestly, Google and YouTube are my best friends! Many of the processes that I have learned, I had to watch tutorials on and learn by trial and error.
I hope to learn new ways to include parents in their children’s education (classroom blog maybe??) and new technologies that will help me be better organized and more efficient. There are so many wonderful things to explore on the internet, and many are free, we just need to learn to use them. There are many ways to accomplish a task, but there are lots of new tools that we can use to make teaching easier for the students and ourselves, smart boards, tablets, assistive technologies, modern projectors, virtual reality equipment and so on. I hope we get to discover some of these!


First, I love that you used the globe as your WordArt! It is beautiful. Also, I love using a Cricut!! I don't have one of my own, but I hope to here someday soon. I am so glad that you are resilient when it comes to technology, so don't be surprised if I contact you for help. Organization is so important, so I hope that we all learn some ways to help us stay organized.
ReplyDeleteOrganization is so critical with all this craziness going on right now! I am always willing to help out in any way I am able, so don't hesitate to reach out anytime!! Thanks for your kind words, I thought of the "world of technology" and all the things we could discover within. Cricuts are expensive, if you ever want to come and lend me some ideas and motivation, you are totally welcome!!!
DeleteAlicen, I think it's great that you are comfortable with technology. I can see that your past jobs have helped you be more comfortable with it. I love the wordart you included. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Gabriela!
DeleteAlicen,
ReplyDeleteYour clipart image at the beginning of the post gave me a good laugh! I've never heard of Cricut. It sounds like a great tool to know how to use! Also, your former job seems to have taught you a lot about technology use. Did you enjoy working as a pharmacy technician? I love that you connected learning about technology to helping parents be involved in their child's learning. Great job!
Yes Carmen, the Cricut Maker is amazing, in my opinion, I love crafting. I really liked being a pharmacy technician, I did it for 9 years, but I feel that I have better things to offer than just typing prescriptions and counting pills. I kept my license, so I can work weekends if I want. Thanks for stopping by and reading!
DeleteAlicen,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your blog. I am impressed by how creative and artistic you are. I’m glad your experiences have boosted your confidence in using and learning different technologies. I love how positive and open-minded you are about integrating technology into your future classrooms. Thanks for sharing!
Sam Wynne
Thanks Sam, you already know I think you are one of the most organized and confident people I know, so that means a lot to me! Thanks for reading my blog!!!
Delete