I found Pinterest to be both fun and easy to use. It is very user friendly, you set up as many "boards" or collections as I like to think of them, as you would like and just start scrolling through images. When you sign up, it asks what your interests are and as you save things it adds like material into your feed. There are so many awesome writing, art, science, grammar and classroom posts on here! I absolutely will use Pinterest for lesson plans, energizer ideas, and classroom management. My Teaching Pinterest!
It is also super versatile! you can use it for so many other things. It allows you to create and title unlimited boards.
|
Another wonderful tool we used is Google Classroom. I think that it is very versatile, it allows the teacher to create assignments, due dates, class calendar, classroom feed and much more. You are able to link it to other apps and make it a one stop type of deal for your students. It is also very easy to use, it alerts you when students may be off task, it links straight to an already existing email account if you so choose, and it sends you and the students notification in your Gmail. I will definitely be using this if at all possible. My daughter's school uses it and it is very easy to navigate.




Hello there!
ReplyDeleteI too love Pinterest!! So many things that are so helpful and useful, I am on it every day! For Google Classroom, I've heard a lot about it but I have never used it personally. Thank you for sharing all of the information though! I enjoyed learning about it. Have you ever used Google Classroom on the teacher side? I was just wondering if you had a personal experience with it. Thanks again!
Hey Kennedy, I have not used it as a teacher yet, but I did set up a practice account for my website and I thought that it was very easy to use, and set up. I'm excited to get out there and give it a try.
DeleteAlicen,
ReplyDeleteI have way too much experience with Pinterest! It's a great source of creative ideas for lessons, activities, classroom decoration, and anything else. I don't have experience with Google Classroom, but it sounds awesome! I look forward to exploring it more and using it in my classroom someday.
Oh man, I hear you Ashlyn! I am on pinterest way more than I should be. I created a teacher specific account to link to my website, along with an Instagram and google classroom.... I'm in trouble, this could be so fun!
DeleteAlicen,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your post! I have used pinterest before when I was working as a team leader at boys and girls club. I used it to help me come up with activities for the students! It was very easy to use and I'm sure I will be using it again as a teacher. I had never heard of google classrooms before, but I'm glad I got to learn about it. Great post!
That's awesome, you sound like a fun leader! there are so many quick and easy ideas on there, I love that there are very in depth tutorials all laid out so simply on pinterest.
DeleteAlicen,
ReplyDeleteGoogle classroom is such a fun tool to use, especially during times like these. It’s helpful for both teachers and more importantly, students. I love that it’s so user friendly and a great way to interact and communicate with your students whenever you’re not physically in the classroom setting. Does your daughter like using google classroom?
My daughter's are not good with computers yet, but they do like going on there and seeing their teacher's little notes and their pictures, it's a great way to feel involved even when we can't be.
DeleteAlicen,
ReplyDeleteI've always loved Pinterest, but I especially love it now that I'm becoming a teacher. There is amazing resources for both student and teacher and it would be a great resource to teach our students. Pinterest offers information based on what you intend to get out of it. There are numerous ways to use it! Google Classroom is a resource I've heard of but never had the opportunity to use. I think this would be a great resource for elementary! It's a great way to keep students accountable. Great job!
Alicen,
ReplyDeleteI totally love Pinterest and use it all the time. Sometimes I feel like I lack creativity and when I do, I can always count on Pinterest to spark new interests or give me new fun ideas. Pinterest is so organized and I love that you can pin your different posts to different boards. I love organization so Pinterest is my friend for sure. Thanks for such an awesome and rich post!